Updation of KYC and Nomination Process
SEBI has, vide Circular No. SEBI/HO/MIRSD/ MIRSD-PoD-1/P/CIR/2023/37 dated March16th, 2023, issued in supersession of earlier circulars, has mandated furnishing of the following by holders of physical securities:
- a. PAN, nomination / declaration to opt-out of nomination, contact details (i.e. present postal address with PIN code, email address, mobile number), bank account details and specimen signature by holders of physical securities.
- b. any service request and complaint shall be entertained only upon registration of the PAN, KYC and nomination documents / details as stated above.
- c. ensure that the PAN is linked to Aadhaar by March 31, 2023 or any other date as may be specified by the Central Board of Direct Taxes to avoid freezing of folio. Currently CBDT extended the date till June 30, 2023.
Freezing of Folios without PAN, KYC details and Nomination:
- a. Folios wherein any one of the aforesaid documents / details are not available on or after October 01, 2023, shall be frozen by the RTA and member(s) will not be eligible to lodge grievance or avail service request from the RTA till the said documents / details are submitted. Further effective April 01, 2024, member will not be eligible for receiving any payment including dividend in physical mode.
- b. After December 31, 2025, the frozen folios shall be referred by RTA / Company to the administering authority under the Benami Transactions (Prohibitions) Act, 1988 and / or Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 if they continue to remain frozen till said date.
Issuance of Securities in dematerialized form in case of Investor Service Requests
SEBI Notification dated 24th January, 2022 read with SEBI Circular SEBI/HO/MIRSD/ MIRSD_RTAMB/P/ CIR/2022/8 dated 25th January, 2022 and SEBI/ HO/MIRSD/MIRSD_RTAMB/P/CIR/2022/65 dated 18th May, 2022, while processing service requests in relation to Service Request mentioned below against Form ISR-4 and Form ISR-5, the Company shall issue securities only in dematerialised form.
Details of various forms prescribed by SEBI is given below:
|Sr. No.||Form No.||Description of the Form||Link to download the Form|
|1.||ISR-1||Request for Registering/updation of the following details:
- Postal Address with PIN Code
- Email address (mandatory for availing online services)
- Mobile Number (Mandatory in all cases)
- Bank Account Details (Bank and branch name, bank account number, IFSC Code)
- Signature (Applicable only in cases where the Security Holder visits the Office of the RTA in person)
|2.||ISR-2||Confirmation of Signature of securities holder by the Banker*||Form ISR-2|
|3.||ISR-3||Declaration Form for Opting-out of Nomination||Form ISR-3|
(Members are requested to avail the nomination facility)
|5.||SH-14||Cancellation or Variation of Nomination||Form SH-14|
|6.||ISR-4||Request for issue of Securities in dematerialized form in case of below:
i. Issue of duplicate securities certificate
ii. Claim from Unclaimed Suspense Account
iii. Renewal / Exchange of securities certificate
v. Sub-division / Splitting of securities certificate
vi. Consolidation of securities certificates/folios
Viii Change in the name of the holder
|7.||ISR-5||Request for Transmission of Securities by Nominee or Legal Heir||Form ISR-5|
*Specimen Signature – Registering present specimen signature against folio is also mandatory. In case of major mismatch in the signature of the members(s) as available in the folio with the RTA and the present signature or if the signature is not available with the RTA, then the member(s) shall be required to furnish Banker’s attestation of the signature as per Form ISR-2 along-with the documents specified therein. Hence, it is advisable that the members send the Form ISR-2 along-with the Form ISR-1 for updating of the KYC Details or Nomination, except in cases where the shareholder is visiting the Office of the RTA in person for the same.
Mode of submission of form(s) and documents
Physical or Hard copy
Member (s) can forward the hard copies of duly filled-in and signed form(s) along with self-attested copies of relevant documentary proofs as mentioned in the respective forms, to the following address:
KFin Technologies Limited, Unit: Mahindra CIE Automotive Limited Selenium Tower B, Plot 31-32, Gachibowli, Financial District, Nanakramguda, Hyderabad – 500 032
Through ‘In Person Verification’ (IPV)
The original documents can be submitted by the member (s) in person at RTA’s office which shall be verified by the authorised person of the RTA and retaining copy(ies) with IPV stamping with date and initials.
Through Electronic Mode with e-sign
Mandatory Self-attestation of the documents submitted in any mode
Please note that, each page of the documents that are submitted in hard copy must be self-attested by the holder. In case the documents are submitted in electronic mode then the same should be furnished with e-sign of scan copies of the documents.
E-Sign is an integrated service which facilitates issuing a Digital Signature Certificate and performing signing of requested data by eSign user. The holder/claimant may approach any of the empanelled eSign Service Provider, details of which are available on the website of Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (https://cca.gov.in/) for the purpose of obtaining an e-sign.